Tuesday 18 October 2011

So much to do - So little time

I don't know about anyone else, but life seems to be running away with me at the moment. I haven't blogged for sometime and have so many books to review! I haven't had much time for reading lately due to having so much to do.

I have been changing the rooms around in my house to make them more functional. So have been spring cleaning.... I know it's Autumn but I like doing things backwards! I have been shifting furniture; sorting out things for charity/thrift shops; freecycling and giving stuff to friends and family. So nothing is going to waste at all. Unfortunately doing this has given me hardly any time for reading. I was still hanging curtains/drapes last night or should I say this morning, at 130am.

I have applied for a new job and it's in a field I've always wanted to get into, so it has taken me a long time to prepare for it, and make sure my application form is perfect. It means me changing from working 18.5 hrs a week to 37 hrs a week, but it's a role I really want to do. I'm currently a police despatcher (as the Americans call it) but I have always wanted to get into the Child Protection/Dangerous Offenders unit. So this is what I have applied for. So please all you keep your fingers crossed for me. I don't think any work colleagues read this blog, but if you do, IT'S A SECRET! I haven't told any of my colleagues at all.

For any other bloggers/book reviewers I have an author who is looking for some people to do book reviews for him. His name is Russell Brooks and he has the book coming out in December. It's a mystery/thriller called Chill Run. Please click here to go to Russells blog and e-mail him directly asking to be a book reviewer for Chill Run. He can provide a mobi copy for those with a kindle or a paper version. Just let him know which is easier for you. He is looking for UK/European reviewers but will be happy from any others Worldwide.

Well I suppose I better get back to my spring cleaning. I will be back to my blog soon to post some more book reviews.


Lisa


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the job application.

    Hope you find some time to read.

    carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.