Sunday 4 September 2011

Book Review -- In Memory of Dad - Maranda Russell


 Title - In Memory of Dad

Author - Maranda Russell

Format - E-Book

Available at www.smashwords.com


This is a short story written through the eyes of a child, and suited to any child I would say from about 7 and upwards.

It is based on the "story" of Kaley, who absolutely loves Basketball, and always supported by her father. Then tragedy strikes and life will never be the same again. Kaley turns her back on basketball.

It is a heartwarming short story for a child going through the same thing that Kaley has, and helps to show them that life doesn't have to end and that they are not alone.

For any child that has been through such a loss, I would recommend this short story for them. The author having been through something similar to herself, includes a passage at the end, where she talks about grief and how to come to terms with it, speaking from experience.

This book was given to me by the author to read and review. No payment was accepted and the review is entirely of my own opinion.
My rating 5/5 - short story

3 comments:

  1. This books sounds sad but I'm sure it is necessary for people going through difficult things of this nature. Nice review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw sounds like a good one, great review.

    Btw guess who won the 100 followers giveaway competition? :D

    Lainy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexis & Lainy, thanks so much for reading the review about my book and commenting. It is indeed a sad story in some ways, but I also tried my best to make it comforting and inspiring. Not only is the story about loss and grief, but also about healing and remembering those we have lost.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.