Wednesday 27 July 2011

I've been surprised by unknown authors.

My husband bought my kindle for me in January for my birthday. Like anyone who has a kindle knows, you get carried away "buying" free books from Amazon, by completely unknown authors. Probably thinking, "well they won't be much good, but they're free!"

Well I have been really surprised! I have been introduced to authors which I didn't know existed, like Conrad Jones. Know I love his books and try and read as many as I can. Along with Stephen Leather. They may be well know authors to some, but I had never heard of them, and now really enjoy them.

I've been introduced to Jeff Lee (interview coming soon), and Simon Gould. Again books that I couldn't put down. Okay I had to pay for them, but they were only 99p. Where can you get such good entertainment for several hours for 99p?

I have read more than ever before, and now read everywhere. Just try and stop me. I have gone from reading just Danielle Steel, James Patterson and Jodi Picoult, to any book that looks interesting. It hasn't stopped me buying paperbacks or hardbacks, having purchased 4 this week! I often look at my bookshelf and wonder if I will ever get through all of the books! I hope so.

Have your reading interests changed over the years or do you stick with the same authors or same genres all the time? I still prefer crime and thriller novels, and apart from the Twilight series, I'm not much into vampire type books or modern chic lit, but I will try most others. Would like to hear your thoughts

3 comments:

  1. Yup firstly since Risi and more so since the creation of my blog (authors contacting for reviews) and of course the kindle. Exactly what you said in regards to price and entertained for hours, I even got introduced to a new genre!

    Lainy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to have go to authors that I would go to if I needed a sure read. I was always an eclectic reader but now I branch out much more than ever now that I have my Ereader and free and bargain books available.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have broadened my tastes in books since blogging. There are still genres I will not read, there is just too little time.

    I have read several new authors who are newly published or self-published this last year. I would not have found these if it had not been for the blogging community.

    carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.