Monday 9 May 2011

Through my real letterbox and virtual letterbox today

Every day seems like Christmas Day in the book world.

My first book through the door today was 'Tis by Frank McCourt. This came via a lovely person in Belgium after I won it in a Sweepstake on Bookcrossing. She had even put a lovely note with it on a George Clooney postcard. I love George Clooney! How could she have known that? I have read Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt but never 'Tis, so I look forward to reading and reviewing this one.

Secondly, I won another competition run by Alexis on her blog Reflections of a Bookaholic which is a great and informative book blog. I chose to read Last Dance at the Jitterbug Lounge by Pamela Morsi.

And lastly (so far, unless anything else turns up this afternoon) I have been given an e-book to read called Queer Fish in Gods Waiting room by Lee Henshaw. This book has received some 5* reviews on Amazon, so the author has kindly said I can have a copy to give away to each of my followers, so watch this space. It is suitable for adults only.

So I'm going to read a bit today; do some more spring cleaning of my wardrobes (closets) and then off to do some volunteer work later this afternoon. No real work until tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I did spring cleaning today as well! I have one more final and I was starting to be distracted by all the dust. So I took a break to clean and clean and clean!

    Congrats on your new acquisitions :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes I sit reading and look at the dust and think I really should clear it up but can't put my book down! Book addicts. That's what we are.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.