Thursday 12 May 2011

Book Review -- Jenny Lopez has a bad week

What a fabulous little read. I sat and read this in one sitting in about 90 minutes. I am not a reader of "chic lit" but wanted something to read that wasn't going to take me long. This book just seemed as if it was going to be a light hearted read, and it was just that.
The book mainly centres around Jenny, but then there's her friends Erin and Angela. Jenny's life seems to be in a mess since coming back from LA. No real job, no roommate and no boyfriend as she's been dumped by the love of her life.
I loved going through Jenny's week with her. I found that I was easily able to picture her and her friends and her little apartment.
I found the book funny and was actually quite sad when it came to an end as I wanted to carry on her life's journey for her.
I have never heard of this author but will certainly hunt down her books. It has also changed my mind a little about chic-lit books, so I won't rule them out in the future.
Great read. Give it a try. Click here.

4 comments:

  1. I love when you find books like this, great review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It was a great little read x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, seriously, I want to eat your blog!;) That's because I find its design so cute, so much like a sweet cupcake!:)
    Great review! Lovely blog!:)
    I am following u now on GFC!:)

    Komz
    http://komzreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! I appreciate that! Can you tell I love pink? lol
    I will be putting more reviews on my blog after today. Today I have to go and do some real work and am working from 5pm to 2am so no time to put all my effort into it today.
    Thank you for following, as it means alot.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.