Friday 14 April 2017

Blogger Recognition Award ~ 6 years on

Well I've just gone passed my 6 year Blogiversary and I've been nominated for a Blogger Recognition Award! I was nominated by the Author of The Infinity Pool, Jessica Norrie. Check out her blog. I recently assisted her with some research for her up and coming new novel, recruiting some friends of mine from various ethnic backgrounds. So thank you Jessica, I was really touched by this. 

How and why did I start my blog?
I think it was world book night in 2011 that got me into blogging. I was chosen to give out the book "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters. When I look back at that post, it makes me proud of how far I've come with my blogging. The post itself was basic, boring and lacking anything interesting. I'm surprised I managed to get any followers at all. I have learnt a lot over the past 6 years ago, mainly thanks to other bloggers. 


How is it going now? 
To date my blog has had over 150k views, although I only have 130 followers, but I'm okay with that. More would always be nice though. It's interesting that they are from all over the world. I do however have 470+ followers on Facebook and others on Twitter. That always puzzles me as my posts link through to my blog.

Most of my posts are obviously book and travel related, although mostly books at the moment. I hope to increase my travel posts. I have had other bloggers share posts on my blog too, which is always fun. 


I have met some amazing people through my blogging, ranging from fellow bloggers to Authors and Publishers. I love the blogging community.

What advice would I give to other bloggers?
1. Think about your post and re-read it before you post it. Does it make sense? Is it interesting?
2. Watch out for copyright if sharing images. It's not always easy to find out who they belong to, but if it says who owns it try and contact them for permission and credit them with the image. 

3. Choose a font that is easy to read for everyone. Also be aware of font colours. I myself for example, have a job to read red writing on certain backgrounds. Choose a background that's easy on the eye. 
4. Break up your posts with images. People switch off if you post just lots of text, if you haven't grabbed them in the first few sentences. 
5. Don't put pressure on yourself to be as articulate as other bloggers. Just be yourself and enjoy it. 
6. Keep in touch with the blogging community on social media. There's some great blogs out there! 

I would like to nominate a few of my favourite blogs too. The badges I've chosen have no copyright marks shown, so please notify me if they're yours! 




OK my blog choices are
:-


Random Things Through my Letterbox - Anne's blog is full of great book recommendations and reviews. Her reviews have cost me a lot of money in book purchases!

Being Anne - Books, Travel and Other Interesting Things. 


Trip Fiction - A blog that features books set in destinations all over the world. I've bought some great reads from their recommendations.

Going Crazy! Wanna Go? Janet is from Texas. She blogs about being a Mum, Weigh Loss and Depression and lots more. A brutally honest blog. 


Murder Down to a Tea - Rebecca is an ex police detective and gives tips on different aspects of policing for those who want to write a crime novel. She is also a crime author herself. She has some really interesting posts on her blog. 

To all of you, please keep blogging as I love following your blogs. Feel free to choose from either badge above if you accept the nomination. As I've said I can't find copyright for them. 

If you accept this nomination (and you don't have to):

  • Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide links to their blog.
  • Write a post to show you have the award and attach the logo to your post
  • Write a brief story of how your blog started
  • Give a piece of advice or two, to new bloggers
  • Select your choice of blogs you want to give the award to. There is no limit.
Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them. Please don't be offended if they decide not to mention it on their blog or make any awards of their own. It is entirely up to them what they put on their blog and it may not fit in with their plans. 

Thank you again to Jessica for my nomination! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.