Friday 13 January 2012

The top ten banned books!

Are there any books that you think should have been banned? I can't say I've ever come across any. I don't read erotica, but I know there are some out there that are quite "close to the knuckle" as we say here.

Have a look at this list and have a look at some of the reasons for the bans. To me some reasons are very old fashioned, considering what else there is out and about in the public spectrum.

Anyway I'm off now into town to spend all my birthday money. More books? Who knows. I also have a £30 Amazon voucher to spend, so that's a definate book fest!

Enjoy your day wherever you may be and whatever you may be doing. x

3 comments:

  1. Nope, I am afraid I have not read any of those banned books.

    Have fun spending your birthday money.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. None of them are my cup of tea I must say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read 8 and 10 - American Psycho and Lolita. American Psycho was pretty stomach turning and the end was like OMG and not in a good way more a what the hell?

    Lolita from what I remember was uncomfortable in some parts and otherwise just meh

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    Hope you having a good new year hon

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.