Wednesday 15 June 2011

WANDERLUST WEDNESDAY

Welcome to my 2nd Wanderlust Wednesday.

The question this week is:-

"Which is your favourite city in the world and why?"

No Wanderlust Wednesday next week as I will be on my cruise around the Mediterranean!

My favourite City has to be Sydney, Australia. It is a beautiful and scenic City obviously with the iconic Sydney Harbour Bridge and Sydney Opera House, but it is also an interesting city. It's easy to get around and has a great ferry service from Circular Quay to a number of interesting places, like Manley Beach and beyond. It is also an unhurried City. It's not like London where people are rushing everywhere and don't want you invading their space. Sydney is laid back, like it's people. The people are friendly and welcoming. I just love it. I've been there twice now and never been disappointed.

Click here for the top ten novels set in Sydney.
Also read In a Sunburned Country by Bill Bryson

Look forward to hearing yours, along with any novels that may be set in that city.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! Have fun on your cruise next week. I bet you will have a blast. I feel incredibly boring answering this question as my favorite city is in the U.S. Did you notice that this week's Why I Love was one of your recommendations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is it though Alexis? I love the USA. My favourite US city has to be Dallas. I love the buildings, I love the Museums and it has a great book shop! I also love downtown Fort Worth, the old part of the City. I didn't like Detroit much, but I did love Washington DC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.