Sunday 5 June 2011

Book Review -- The Hanging Wood by Martin Edwards

I was lucky enough to be allowed to read this book from the publishers prior to it's publication via www.netgalley.com. It is due out in Hardback on 25th July 2011. Pre-orders being taken on Amazon.

 It's a story about teenager Callum Hinds who went missing and his Uncle was suspected of having killed him. This caused the Uncle to kill himself. Twenty years later his Sister Orla comes back to the Lake District to find out what happened to her brother as she doesn't believe that her Uncle would have harmed her brother. She speaks to Hannah at the Cold Case team asking for her brother's case to be reoppened. Then Orla dies in strange circumstances.

 Hannah and her team take on the case and many other mysteries appear. You don't find out what happened until very near the end of the book.

My book rating - 4/5




 I found the book hard to get into to start with as I like a book that sucks you in within the first chapter and this didn't.  This is the only reason I gave it 4/5 and not a 5. However I persevered and I'm glad I did as there were many secrets and scandals in the book and I was immersed into their scandalous lives. Worth reading and I would be encouraged to read other books by Martin Edwards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.