Wednesday 4 May 2011

So many parcels through the post today! How exciting.

How many books have you ever received through the post in one day? Today I had 11 plus one I picked up as a "Wild release" from Book Crossing, where someone had left it for me to find in a Tea shop! This was by Gervase Phinn, called The other side of the Dale. It is based on the tales of Gervase Phinn when he was a school inspector and travelled around the rural villages of Yorkshire. It's a lovely series of books to read. Very descriptive and highly amusing because of the things children say. I thoroughly recommend them.

My first book through the post was a kind gift from a fellow blogger So many books, so little time. It was Katie Fforde "Wedding Season", which she sent to me to read before I read "Love Letters".

I then had a book I had done as a swap on Read it swap it, which was Private by James Patterson. I love his books and find them quick easy reads.

Then I had so many other parcels to open. I entered a UK sweepstake on BookCrossing, where everyone is given the name of a person to send a book to as a winner.The winner is sent another persons name as a decoy. The winner then gets lots of books through the door. Well I was thrilled to be that winner! Amongst my books received today were:-

  • Full Tilt, by Janet Evanovich. I love her Stephanie Plum books so I'm looking forward to read this.
  • Jumper, Griffins story by Steven Gould, which has been made into a film.
  • Mr Chartwell by Rebecca Hunt, about a dog belonging to Winston Churchill.
  • The Children of Men by PD James.
  • The Snow Geese by William Fiennes, about a man who travels the world following the path of the snow geese. I am excited about that one.
  • Do Ants have arseholes? A funny book with pointless questions in, like "Why don't sheep shrink in the rain" Sounds very amusing
  • Night by Elie Wiesel, about the holocaust.
  • The Lonely Passion of Judith Hearne by Brian Moore, which has also had a film made based on the book.
  •  Finally the Little Marmalade cat book. A little read all about cats, which came with a lovely cat book mark. I am a big cat lover, so this again suits me down to the ground.

It was as if some of these people knew me personally as the books a lot of them chose were just the books I myself would choose to read.





2 comments:

  1. It's going to take me months to review all these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even more turned up today but I wont list anymore until I have them all. Then I'll share them with you all.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.