Monday 14 March 2011

WORLD BOOK NIGHT 2011

Well there's no better time to start my blog than around the time of World Book Night 2011.

What a fabulous night we had, my husband and I, in Trafalgar Square, London. I was fortunate enough to be chosen as a "book giver", and gave away "Fingersmith, by Sarah Waters", being a book I myself, really enjoyed. It was great to hear so many famous authors, actors and the Mayor of London reading from either their own or their favourite books. With the addition of the hilarious Graham Norton as the evenings host, despite it being very cold outside, the evening was great.

I gave my first book to another book giver at the event, and then my second to another lady who was visiting the event, but not a book giver herself.
We then went to the Strada Italian Restaurant just around the corner and gave a copy to our waitress who was really helpful. She seemed really pleased to receive a copy and went off to show her colleagues. My next copy of the night was given to an American Tourist from New York, who we met whilst in Covent Garden in a small pub up a little side street.

That was all stage one of my book giving.... More was to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.