Wednesday 16 March 2011

Eating out and Dog Racing

Well I feel really bad, because yet again I am not cooking.

Last night, we met up with the lady who we are renting our apartment from in Crete and she was telling us about the village, and the typical Greek tavernas, and the colourful locals. It has made us even more excited about it, to be living in a typical Greek village and not in a place full of tourists. Apparantly the tourists turn up in the daytime as it was the birthplace of El Greco, the painter & sculptor (Δομήνικος Θεοτοκόπουλος)  Thats his full name in Greek,Doménikos Theotokópoulos. He was born in Fodele, Crete at the time it was part of the Republic of Venice. Therefore we are going to be out during the day, and go back to the village when all the tourists have gone home and mix with all the locals. My Greek isn't very good though!

Back to the subject of not cooking. We met her in the pub and stayed for the carvery, which at £5.99 is a bargain.

Tonight we are going Greyhound Racing in Peterborough with a gang from work, and we are eating there as well. I could get used to not cooking! I only bet £1 a race, not being a gambler, and always go for the dog with the nicest name. Its a great night out for a gang of friends. So no more booking reading for me tonight, although I am really getting into my book now and am about 60% of the way through it.

Will update with my winnings, or more likely my losses tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.