Monday 21 March 2011

Book Review - My Dad's a Policeman - Cathy Glass

I have to say I loved this book. I had read it in a day but it was a quick read book.

It was narrated by a 12 year old boy, who's mother was a drunk, and he and his younger brother were put into care. He ran away before the first night was over and it tells about his life and the life of his friend Wayne, and his family. He is convinced his father, who he never knew, was a policeman and this stays with him.

I work with children like this in a voluntary role and I could identify with all he was saying and feeling, and I felt that this book was very well written.

I just have to read her website to see how his life continued.

If you want a nice quick read, then I recommend this book. It gives an insight into how unfortunate some children are, and shows how we really must protect the young.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.