Sunday 20 March 2011

Book Review -- The Child Taker, Conrad Jones

I have to be honest, I had never heard of Conrad Jones (Sorry Mr Jones), and really only bought the book as it was a bargain on the Kindle and I'm open to reading any thrillers from any authors.
Initially I couldn't work out where the book was going as in the first 4 chapters, two were dealing with a child taker and the other two were dealing with a secret ops unit in somalia. When it became apparant where the book was going I was enthralled and couldn't put it down.
I cannot believe those that gave the book 1 and 2 star ratings on Amazon, one even saying the writing was childlike! I found the book every bit as a good as those from writers such as Linwood Barclay, Andrew Gross, James Patterson. The book kept me gripped to the end, and boy what an ending.
I would certainly read more books from this author, although not so keen on the terrorist genre of books, but certainly if he wrote more thrillers like this I would buy them all.
Highly recommend it. Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.