Friday 30 December 2011

Book Review -- The Wedding Gift -- Kathleen McKenna

Title :- The Wedding Gift

Author:- Kathleen McKenna

Format:- Kindle book

The book is centred around Dalton, Oklahoma. A town dominated by the Willets family who seem to have laid claim to the town. There stands the beautiful Willet House with it's wonderful verandah and beautiful gardens. Gardens that are still tended by the Willets gardener, despite it's last occupants having been murdered in the most gruesome manner.
Leanne comes from a working class family. A family who have suffered the loss of their Son Charlie, Leannes Brother, when curiousity got the better of him and his friend, whilst creeping around at the so-called haunted Willets House.
Years later, George Willets Jnr, falls for the charms of Leanne, who is the most beautiful girl in Dalton. Their life begins and Willets house eventually becomes theirs. Is all as it seems though? What is going on at Willets house? Is it really haunted?
I bought this book initially as it was on special offer with Amazon, and I was intrigued by the synopsis. I have to say this is one of the best books I have read on my kindle in a while.
As another reader has mentioned, this book has it all, humour, sadness, chic-lit tendencies with the relationship of Leanne and her best friend Jessie and the paranormal. This book really does have it all.
I feel in love with Jessie's character and wanted her as my best friend! The way the author has written this relationship between the two characters, is very heart warming.
The book is quite gruesome in parts and I wouldn't recommend it to the younger reader, purely for some of the graphic details. However I would thoroughly recommend it for others who want something a bit different. I look forward to reading other books like this from this author.

My rating 5/5 - Good all rounder that has it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.