Monday 3 October 2011

Book Review -- The Day No-one Played -- Donalisa Helsley


Title - The Day No One Played Together

Author - Donalisa Helsley
Illustrator - Sarah Harkey

Format - PDF, Paperback
Genre - Childrens book

This is a wonderful book that should be read by parents first and then read to their child. The book tales the tale of Jadyn and Genesis and how they are taught the meaning of compromise, when neither of them wants to play what the other one wants to play. They are taught how to put their heads together to learn to come up with something that suits them both.

I thought it was beautifully written in a language that children can understand whilst teaching them about brainstorming and compromise. It was also beautifully illustrated, with each illustration tying in so well to the story line.

I would recommend this book to anyone working with and teaching children of an early age. Plus I recommend that parents buy it for their children too. A great read.

My rating 5/5 - Childrens book

I was kindly given this book to review by the author. I was not paid for the review and the opinion is entirely my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.