Friday 2 September 2011

Book Review -- Nobody's Fault But My Own -- Saundra Terrell

Nobodys Fault but My Own - Saundra Terrell
This book is published by Dorrance publishing and was given to me to review as part of their Book Review Team. I have not been paid for this review and the thoughts are my own.

The book is about the life,trials and tribulations of Orie, Exie, Ziewon and Mirror who are all siblings and also their Mother Eve. There are many more characters in the book and to me there were too many, as I had to keep flicking back between the chapters to work out who was who as I couldn't remember who belonged where in the story.
The book is told in chapters, with each sibling being a chapter. None of the siblings are married and each of them has a secret. One of them runs a dolls shop; one is a musician who has an ex-girlfriend who's stalking him; one is living with a police officer but scared of committment and won't marry him; the other one is a widower with admirers, but who should she choose. Their Mum is also a widower and also has a secret. She is having a relationship with Dave, that none of her children know about. She's scared to tell them as she doesn't know how they will react.
Initially I found it hard to get to grips with the characters as the chapters seemed to come to an abrupt end just as you were getting to know them. However as the book went on and the chapters kept changing characters you learn more about each person.
I found that sometimes some parts in the book were laboured and then when it got to an interesting part it fizzled out in a few sentences without any elaboration and I was left wanting to know more.
On the whole I enjoyed the plot lines, albeit a bit disjointed, and I liked learning how their lives ended up, but felt the ending was rather hurried.
I would still recommend you give it a try, as it is a nice light hearted book with likeable characters.

My book rating 3/5

I received a complimentary copy of Nobodys Fault as a member of the Dorrance Publishing Book Review Team.  Visit dorrancebookstore.com  to learn how you can become a member of the Book Review Team.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.