Saturday 27 August 2011

Blogs, Books and Bargains - Addiction or Affliction?

Am I the only one with this "addiction" or are others addicted too?

1. I read lots of other blogs, not all books and travel, but other things too.
2. I read lots of book websites like Goodreads, BookCrossing and more.
3. I have smashwords, BookCrossing, NetGalley and other booksites added to my favourites.
4. I join lots of different groups on facebook like Book Bloggers, Book Lovers and Reviewers and more.
5. I follow all the blogs and author pages of authors I enjoy on Goodreads
6. I constantly look at Amazon, Waterstones, Book Depository and Audible books to see if they have offers.
7. I have a bookcase in almost every room of my house. I also have a kindle and audio books in my car.
8. I love to read and review books, posting them on Goodreads, Amazon, Facebook, Google Buzz, NetGalley, Smashwords and my blog.
9. I enter lots of competitions for books that I fancy reading. I never enter those I don't want to read just for the sake of it.
10. Basically I love reading!!!

How many of these 10 points do you associate yourself with.

1 or more, you're keen but not that keen
2 -5 you're on the way to being an addict
6-9 you certainly are on the brink
10 - you are an addict!


Being an addict, I have recently entered a competition on a fellow bloggers blog called Sarah's book reviews and was lucky enough to win a copy of The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh and I am thoroughly looking forward to reading and reviewing it! Thanks Sarah.

Let me know what your addictions are whether you are a book blogger, a coupon collector or a baker.

4 comments:

  1. I'm about a 7 on your scale. It's blogs, facebook newsfeed and groups, twitter, goodreads, librarything, googling my own book, peer review websites, cruising amazon, and drinking mostly red wine. Important is that the day job doesn't get too engaging. Gotta get the priorities straight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I took your quiz and I got 7 out of 10, but hoping to make that 8 out of 10 by checking out those facebook groups I have missed.

    Some other fb pages you might like are BritishBookBabes and Post-chickLit groups.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool quiz! Hmm... I scored a six which puts me on the brink :) But speaking as who developed a gaming obsession (with The Sims), developing a book addiction is much better! At least, my brain isn't rotting from playing a game!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.