Monday 15 March 2021

Book Review - The Woman Inside - Anna-Lou Wetherley ~ Psychological Thriller

 

TITLE - The Woman Inside

AUTHOR - Anna-Lou Weatherley

BUY LINK - Click here

SYNOPSIS

Daisey Garrett wakes up in a hospital bed. She remembers her boyfriend has left her for another woman, but she doesn’t remember what happened to her the night she was attacked in her own home.

Daisey shouldn’t be alive but against all odds, she’s survived an ordeal most would never recover from.

But Daisey’s mind is broken. She’s on edge, drinking too much and, despite the painful breakup, finds herself in bed with her ex, Luke. And while she desperately tries to keep herself together, she can’t shake the feeling that she is being watched.

Yet the missing pieces of that fateful summer night are beginning to surface…

The lies she told the police.

The lies Luke told her.

Daisey’s memory is flickering like a faulty light bulb, flashing with images just out of reach.

She can’t remember. She mustn’t.

An absolutely gripping, addictive page-turner, The Woman Inside takes you within the tangled mess of people’s lives and the dark secrets they hold close. Perfect for fans of Gone Girl, Before I Go to Sleep and The Wife Between Us.



I really love a good psychological thriller, and this was no exception. I had never heard of the Author before and I'm always happy to try someone different. This was book 4 in the Dan Riley series, but I haven't actually read any of the others and this was not a problem. It is a perfect standalone novel. 

Detective Riley is a person who you would really want fighting your corner if you were in trouble, and Daisey was lucky she had him in hers. Daisey although vulnerable was quite a strong character and very likeable, as was Detective Riley. Some other characters not quite so likeable. 

After about 52% of the book, I had an inkling on who was going to be involved in the murders, but I kept reading and boy did I not see the twist coming! This book had me on the edge of my seat and I couldn't put it down. I think it's the quickest I've read a book in quite some time. 

I will certainly be reading the other 3 in the series though as I loved this! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.