Thursday 3 September 2020

Closer Than You Think ~ Author Darren O'Sullivan ~ Psychological thriller Book Review

 


TITLE - Closer Than You Think

AUTHOR - Darren O'Sullivan

BUY LINK - Click Here

SYNOPSIS

Dark, gripping and with a twist that leaves your breathless' John Marrs

He's watching. She's waiting.

The unmissable new thriller from Darren O'Sullivan, author of Our Little Secret and Close Your Eyes.

Having barely escaped the clutches of a serial killer, Claire Moore has struggled to rebuild her life. After her terrifying encounter with the man the media dubbed The Black-Out Killer, she became an overnight celebrity: a symbol of hope and survival in the face of pure evil. And then the killings stopped.

Now ten years have passed, and Claire remains traumatised by her brush with death. Though she has a loving and supportive family around her, what happened that night continues to haunt her still.

Just when things are starting to improve, there is a power cut; a house fire; another victim found killed in the same way as before.

The Black-Out Killer is back. And he's coming for Claire...


Having read Dark Corners by the same author, which I thoroughly enjoyed, I was looking forward to reading this. I love a good psychological thriller.

This is about Claire, the only survivor of the Blackout killer in Ireland; a killer who took her Husband. The killer then returns ......

This book throws you around like a rollercoaster. There were lots of twists and turns. Just when you think you know who the killer is, bang, your thrown into another twist.

I really connected with Claire and enoyed how her character was written.

The ending was just a little too abrupt for me. I think it could have been drawn out a bit more. I still look forward to reading Our Little Secret and I'm glad I've found another good Author to add to my list.

Catch up with the author on FacebookTwitterInstagramWebpage



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.