Monday 22 August 2011

Where does time go?

Well I've 10 days off work (I only work part time) and I had all these great plans about sitting in the garden in the sunshine (if we had any). I was going to read to my hearts content. Well it hasn't quite worked out like I thought.

Sunday we went to my parents for a lovely Sunday dinner. I love my Mums cooking. Today I have been doing my laundry, gardening and housework, and then I went to do some voluntary work for the Youth offending Team.  I have just gone out to the garden to fetch my washing in and to water the garden and discovered that my FULL water butt had sprung a leak and near the bottom! So that means that I am going to have a very soggy garden tomorrow as it is a large water butt! Do Americans have water butts, as I know it means something entirely different there?

My plans for the week look hectic and not much scope for reading again. Tomorrow I am supposed to be taking my parents to a garden centre for a look around and some lunch but the weather is not sounding too good. Wednesday I have plans to make as the little slimming club I run is at my house this week. Think I may get the Wii fit out for some exercise for all ofus. I have just bought Wii Zumba which I am looking forward to having a go at. Thursday I have to finish my housework and my ironing or hubbie will have no shirts for work. Then at night I am going to the theatre to see "Top Hat" like the one with Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers. Friday morning I am going to my cousins funeral, God bless him. This will be a sad day and I'm sure a get together for family who you don't see from one year to the next. Saturday.... Ooh I've realised I have no plans for Saturday! Great time to read, unless I come across another job that needs doing. I'm sure there will be one, but I may just ignore whatever it is! Then I am back at work on Sunday! So much for peace, relaxation and reading. Just be bedtime reading for me I suppose.

I really don't know how I had time to go to work full time. I do 9 ten hour days a month and that's it! Sometimes it's nice to go to work for a rest, if you can call being an emergency call handler for the police rest. I shouldn't moan though as I have some great special times with my parents in their older years, that I wouldn't have if I worked full time. I treasure these times.

1 comment:

  1. I love Zumba on the Wii.

    It is amazing how when we do get spare time we can easily manage to fill it up. Life is very fast paced.

    carol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.