Saturday 7 May 2011

I love competitions - Here's some to share

From my recent wins I have decided "I LOVE COMPETITIONS". It's not very often that I enter them and when I entered the last 3 I've won.
                                                                                                                    
Well I've found a great one on Book Depository UK. Its to win a signed copy of "Nocturnes" by
Kazuo Ishiguro. For anyone who doesn't know this wonderful Japanese Author, he also wrote "Remains of the Day" which was made into a film starring Anthony Hopkins, and also wrote "Never Let me Go" which has also been made into a film. Click here for more details on the author.

Nocturnes is a collection of five stories.
Blurb from Fantastic Fiction website - In this sublime story cycle, Kazuo Ishiguro explores love, music and the passage of time. This quintet ranges from Italian Piazzas to the Malvern Hills, a London flat to the "hush hush" floor of an exclusive Hollywood hotel. Along the way we meet young dreamers, cafe musicians and faded stars, all at some moment of reckoning.
Gentle, intimate and witty, Nocturnes is underscored by a haunting theme; the struggle to re-stoke life's romance, even as relationships flounder and youthful hopes recede.

If you like autobiography's or biographys, they also have a competition to win a signed copy of "Life" by Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones, plus a signed copy of Exile on Main Street on vinyl. Click here.

GOOD LUCK!

1 comment:

  1. Unfortunately US readers, I couldn't find any current Book Depository competitions on the .com site.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.