Saturday 23 April 2011

Through the post today - A nice book to read

I'm a keen member of BookCrossing and if you haven't been to the site, and you're a book lover then you should! They have what they call "BookRays" where a person sends their book to another person and they then send it on to someone else and so on. The person at the end gets to keep it. Or you can participate in a BookRing, where the same happens but the book ends up back with it's former owner.  Well today I received a book as part of a book ray called The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.


The synopsis from the back of the book:-

January 1946: Writer Juliet Ashton receives a letter from a stranger, a founding member of the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie society. And so beings a remarkable tale of the island of Guernsey during the German Occupation, and of a society as extraordinary as its name.

Can't wait to read and review this one. Watch this space.

2 comments:

  1. I've read and reviewed this one it is pretty good. I had a post a couple of week talking about book social websites. I listed bookcrossing and asked if anyone had heard or used this site. NO ONE had so it is so exciting that you have. I wish you could explain to me and perhaps others as well how that site works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definately! I'll do a separate thread on it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.