Saturday 30 April 2011

I really must stop!

Well we are at the end of April now and go into May tomorrow. I really must refrain in May from buying anymore books until after my holiday in June! Will I be able to? Who knows.

This month I have lost count of how many e-books, paperbacks and hardbacks I have acquired. The thing is I have loads to read on my TBR (to be read) list, that I really don't need to be buying anymore.

Today through the post I had my purchases from The Book People, which were having a postage free day. So through my letterbox today were Sing you home - Jodi Picoult, which my Mum will read too, and The Man who broke into Auschwitz - Denis Avey.

I'm pleased to have been able to get this one for the good price of £4.99 for a brand new hardback. I'll be able to share this one with my Dad too. I have a deep interest of anything to do with the holocaust and have read numerous non-fiction books relating to the subject.

I have also had some free books delivered from New Books Mag. I've done some book swaps through Read it Swap it, when I was supposed to be giving books away for postage only, I still couldn't resist some swaps. I've downloaded some free books & paid for books from Smashwords, along with having some free books from Net Galley to review. That's not counting the ones I bought from Amazon. So you can see I've had a busy month! Considering I only read about 1 book a week, this really is too many books. Does anyone sympathise with me? Is anyone just the same as me? Is there a group called bookaholics anonymous? If so I need urgent membership.  Ah well, I could have worse addictions, don't you agree?

4 comments:

  1. I keep saying that too! Though I didn't post a books in summary this week due to a lack of real books. I think they're stuck in the postal system...at least I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm afraid I'm starting to fill up my book shelves, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people build conservatory's or garages onto their house. I think I need to build a library!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.