Tuesday 26 April 2011

Full postbox today!


You know how it is when you are waiting for something to come through the letterbox and it doesn't come, well today was different! We have had a couple of bank holidays so no post, but today everything came together and it was like Christmas!

First thing opened was a new magazine I subscribed to, which combines several of my loves; Food, Travel and of course reading. It's the Food and Travel magazine that I subscribed to at the Cruise show in London.
It shows you food from around the World and some recipes, plus some City Breaks, recommending where to go, what to do and where to eat and drink. I am a really fussy eater, so often the recipes are too fancy for me, but I like to look at what is traditional in the different places. It gives you ideas for when you have friends for dinner. There are lots of ideas for the gourmet traveller. This magazine gets passed around a lot to friends and family, so get my moneys worth out of it.

The next thing I opened was a jiffy bag containing two "Free" books that I got from New Books Mag, where I just had to pay towards postage. They have some great free books on offer, so have a look.

The two I had were "City of Veils" by Zoe Ferraris and "The Surrendered" by Chang-Rae Lee. Despite having my kindle I still can't resist a good paperback too.


Just awaiting the New Books Magazine Trial Copy, to see if it's something that I will get any use out of. Trial copy was just £1.00

I also had this weeks Graze box through, but it had nuts in it, and I thought I had cancelled all nut products so hubbie will have to eat them. Not that I'm allergic to them but I just don't like them. 

Never mind, back to the scrummy (and healthy) flapjacks and raisins next week.

Now just waiting for my Lonely Planet magazine and Wanderlust magazine to make my week complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.