Thursday 14 April 2011

Book Review -- One Day, David Nicholls

Well I must say that I was glad to finish this book! I never give up on a book usually, but I was quite close on this one.

It is about two people called Emma and Dexter who meet each other on their graduation night. They then go their separate ways in life, but still remain friends. They both want different things from life and follow separate paths.

I hated the way that the book kept going backwards and forwards and with the way it was written I was getting very confused with the characters. I also found myself getting frustrated with the characters and wanted to reach into the book and just shake them!

It was good to see how their lives came together but the book just wasn't gripping enough for me. A lot of people have said it's hilarious and a great chic-lit book, then I'm afraid I'm going to have to disagree. Not for me I'm afraid and possibly one of the worst books I've read in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.