Thursday 15 December 2011

Book Review -- The UnTied Kingdom - Kate Johnson

Title - The UnTied Kingdom

Author - Kate Johnson

Publisher - Choc Lit Publishing

Format - Paperback

This is the first paranormal romance book I have read and I was dubious at the start, but persevered and I'm glad I did.


Eve paraglided off course and landed in the River Thames in London. She was rescued by a man called Harker. It was only after a short while she realised that the London she had crash landed it, was nothing like the London that she left. Things don't ring true and she can't quite work out how she has fallen into a parallel world. One that is under a military rule. Parts of history that she knew happened, never happened in this world. Things like mobile phones don't exist. They think she is a spy and she is sent to Tower Bridge. Lots of events unfold and it makes it a really intriguing read.


It is really well written and the characters are very descriptive and very likeable (on the whole). I do get frustrated towards the end wondering how and if she will ever get back to her own world and the book seems to drag on. Does she get back? You'll have to read it and see for yourself.


A great debut.


My rating - 4/5

2 comments:

  1. This was my first paranormal romance too, but know that with Choclit as pub it is usually a good choice.

    Kate Johnson has a new one coming out in the New Year.

    Great to see you back, Lisa.

    carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea that the main character mysteriously travels to a parallel universe. That grabs my interest right there. I haven't heard of this book or this author- so thanks so much for sharing. I will have to give it a read!

    ~Jess
    http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a message and thanks for visiting my blog.